Valentine’s day is now officially a week ago! Lol.
However, this is still considered the “month of love” and we, are going to highlight some beautifully designed rooms using mainly or elements of red in today’s post.
But first, here is some insight on the colour red and some of its meanings & meanings in different countries/cultures.
THE COLOUR RED
Red is the colour of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.
– Since red is the colour of blood, it has historically been associated with sacrifice and courage.
Red is a very emotionally intense colour. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure.
In Different Countries/Cultures
- In Russia red symbolizes Communism and revolution.
- In China, brides wear red and it is considered a Good Luck color. To most Asians red means happiness and prosperity.
- In India red is a symbol of life-giving purity.
- In the Middle East the color symbolism of red is danger and evil.
Modern surveys in the United States and Europe show red is also the colour most commonly associated with heat, activity, passion, sexuality, anger, love and joy.